Over the last few months, we’ve been steadily growing our network of expert, independent associates; each of whom brings a specialist skill set to complement our own recruitment marketing services. To this end, we’re delighted to confirm that Ruth Smith (Ruth Publishing Ltd.) has joined Talent Nexus.
Many of our clients (publishers and independent job boards) share common challenges:
- How to maintain and grow revenue in the face of new types of competitors (i.e. Indeed and Google for Jobs)?
- How to better leverage the potential of their editorial audiences and professional memberships?
- How to respond to the ever-increasing cost of acquiring new candidates?
Within these areas, Ruth has gained unique experience. Until recently, Ruth led the specialist publication Community Care (including the job board Community Care Jobs). In contrast to many job boards, Community Care successfully reimagined their recruitment services and significantly grew their revenue, leading to their successful acquisition by Mark Allen Group in 2017.
Ruth led this transformation from the initial market research through to the launch of a new job board business model. This included a range of new services, supported by fresh, re-energised sales and marketing campaigns.
Ruth is now available through Talent Nexus to help publishers instigate a step-change in their recruitment offering, driving revenue growth and brand value.
If you are a senior publishing leader or own an independent job board and would like to review your current position in the market, you can contact Ruth for an initial confidential discussion on 0207 127 0735.
Ruth Smith key facts:
- Ruth is the founder and director of Ruth Publishing Ltd. an independent consultancy specialising in change management and product development in digital publishing.
- She is an entrepreneurial business leader with extensive experience in transforming brands and growing revenue in challenging markets.
- Until recently she was publisher of Community Care, the online information service and jobs board for the health and social care market.
- Here she oversaw the successful transformation from print to digital. As well as launching market-leading data subscription services, she grew recruitment revenue through introducing new proposition and pricing solutions.
- Ruth has won numerous national awards for publishing excellence and is a recognised leader in digital transformation.
You can find and connect with her on LinkedIn here.